Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Five-sided Farce

I don't really have a good picture of all of us to put up here (don't think the stupid thing would work even if I did). But I think I can safely say that most of you that read this would have seen us and know reasonably well what we look like.

So..let's go in alphabetical order(which I think is soo much better that what the Von Trappe family did, I mean, numbering children? There is something seriously wrong with that sort of psyche...so does that mean that roll numbers are proof that the educational establishment is deranged?).

Aditi...wow, I really admire this girl. She's just so dedicated to what she does. She knows exactly who she is and what she is about. She would never change for anyone or anything. There's something very stable, constant about Aditi (this obviously excludes the times when her mind unhinges and she proceeds to have apopoleptic seizures over the simplest of rhyming words..let me give you an example...dum and bum..). Unfortunately she also seems to obtain a particular pleasure in projecting liquids from various parts of her face onto innocent bystanders ; milk through her nose, water through her mouth, there was even an instance of tomato soup.

Hema...you know, I have always nurtured a very small feeling of jealousy for Hema. She's got it all. Brains, and alot at that, looks (please don't take this the wrong way), talent, and she is inspite of all this, in contradiction to popular stereotype, an extremely nice person. She's a romantic at heart, like me. She also has astonishing emotional volatility. She will be laughing her head off one minute and be crying the next (this is FYI, mostly in theatres, don't get the wrong idea..). Seriously, they should do a research project on it or something on it..

Tara...she's the glue that holds this dysfunctional group together. She's the one you go to when your feeling down. I think three-fourth of the time we spend together goes into laughing at her jokes. She just has this natural affinity towards people. Wherever she goes, she unconciously draws a crowd. It's like she just has to look at people and they're her best friends. I don't know what it is she uses, but she should bottle it and sell it.

Vasudha...she and I go back a long way. A long, rather emabarrassing way, that would best be forgotten, but none the less. We've sat together in the bus for 6 years. And the best part about that is, there is never any need for forced conversations or uncomfortable silences. I'm not a very conversational person at the best of times and she understands that, and accepts it without judgement. She's the one I make up silly stories with, and bitch about, certain people I would rather not name, with. Our latest venture has been "The adventures of Pretty Girl and Dream Boy" and its sequel, "The further adventures of Pretty Girl and Dream Boy".

We all hate each other, which is I think, the reason why we love each other so much (no I'm not crazy). Some of my best memories in the school have been with these four. So I guess, this is for you guys...don't know what I would do without you. I love you all so much.

2 comments:

livepika said...

i LOU u TOO...ok kill me but i was laffin when i read the thing n now im almost cryin... go read my thing about us too

livepika said...

i LOU u TOO...ok kill me but i was laffin when i read the thing n now im almost cryin... go read my thing about us too