Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Celebration?

I'm sitting here wondering how relevent the word "celebration" is right now.

On this most holiest of days, whose name I have temporarily forgotten(which doesn't even matter because I wouldn't have been able to spell it even if I remembered), I have been made to "celebrate" some religious event(which again I have either forgotten or never knew in the first place, not sure which) by touching a pathetically small flame and prostrating myself in front of the picture of a God. Then, a particularly vile - smelling flower was tied around my neck by means of a string of the most horrible shade of yellow. Apparently this is supposed to protect me and my future family from harm. Even after stretching my considerable imagination to the very limit, I am unable to accept that a flower that will wilt and die and probably induce an allergic reaction before the end of the day will be able to shield me and my hypothetical future family from death and poverty and similar misfortunes.

On the other hand, I will not be able to "celebrate" Holy tommorow, because the school and its management, tyrants that they are, have not declared it a holiday tommorow. And my parents, though the wisest of the wise in many aspects, refuse to understand the need to bunk school once in a while to have some good old-fashioned fun. For that matter, they never understand why I should be allowed to bunk school for any reason. I think it is a very sorry state of affairs when one as young as I is forced to prefix the word fun with an adjective like old-fashioned.

But of course, I am exaggerating, as I am always inclined to do when I plonk myself down on my backside in front of a computer screen. I think it has something to do with my complete lack of movement with the exeption of my fingers. My thoughts tend to get excessively magnified while being transfered into text. It's one of my better faults...but I'm working on it.

2 comments:

Pranav Ravikumar said...

2 big 2 read @ this moment....so jus commented coz u asked 2...wil giv an actual worthy one later...

Anonymous said...

can't read everythin rtnow but the bit tht i read was gr8.good job dadi!!