Friday, March 24, 2006

The Day the Music Died

Music...real music is an abstract projection of human life. Alot of people think that the kind of music I like is crap. But I think GOOD music, is something that brings out your most primitive emotions. Just listening to it will make you smile, or make you feel empty, or make you ache. Sure, Linkin Park and Guns and Roses and similar bands make COOL music. But those songs never make me suddenly feel free carefree, like The Remedy..or make my hair stand on end like Unwell...or make my throat clench and fill me with an inexplicable sadness like Yesterday.

Dunno why I'm writing this really...I guess I just really want to share that feeling. The feeling you get when you fall in love with music. When it becomes more than a tune and some lyrics. When it becomes a sort of concentrated emotion. I was just listening to Norah Jones..and well, you will probably laugh, but I just got that feeling again and I felt like I had to write about it...
I really hope you find it.

Here's the song I was listening to. It's called Nightingale by Norah Jones.

Nightingale
Sing us a song
Of a love that once belonged
Nightingale
Tell me your tale
Was your journey far too long?

Does it seem like I'm looking for an answer
To a question I can't ask
I don't know which way the feather falls
Or if I should blow it to the left

All the voices that are spinnin' around me
Trying to tell me what to say
Can I fly right behind you
And you can take me away

1 comment:

Dr. Flycatcher said...

"Alot of people think that the kind of music I like is crap"

Umm...That shouldn't come from someone listening to bands like The Remedy/Norah Jones etc.

Anyhow, I just hate how 'music' in general is associated more with lyrics/vocals rather than the instruments actually making the music.