Monday, April 17, 2006

The Lord of the Snores

It's 1 in the morning and I just finished watching the third part of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I'd just like to say, that it may be a little slow watching the first 100 hours of the Lord of the Rings; your eyes may slide out of focus and you may start to drool a little...but towards the end of the 789th hour, things actually start to pick up. For me, the most outstanding moment was when the ring finally drops into the fires of Mordor. It symbolises how ultimately evil catches up with itself; it burns in the fires of a self-made inferno.
But seriously, this thing won a record-breaking 12(?) oscars. I mean, sure, the elf-princess looked a little cross-eyed, not to mention retarded, Frodo was made out to be some sort of glorified Achilles towards the end, and the humour was...well...let's just say that I have made better jokes than that. But all in all a good movie. Although if I had to pick between the book and the movie, I would pick the book every time.

And now, I'm sitting here and wondering why I took so long to make another post. I typically have a new one up atleast every other day. And I realize that its become a chore to make myself think of new things to write about. That suddenly, the neverending source from which I draw my sarcasm seems to be running out....maybe I should discontinue this blog? Gasp! Think not such treasonous thoughts my young friend. Do you not see yon light that shineth so brightly? Take hope in the novelty of a new day. Let that light shine apon you like a beacon of divinity that it may strengthen your weary mind and .....ok that's enough. For those of you who didn't get the satire, that was a play on the dialogues from The Lord of the Rings.

Haha! You thought you could actually escape my daily (almost) incomprehensible humour? NEVER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WADDAHELLWAZZAT????