Monday, April 16, 2007

Melt Down

Today my heart melted.

I visited the animal shelter at CUPA in hopes of taking a small step towards the hypothetical. I managed to achieve absolutely nothing of the sort. I did however have the best afternoon I've had in a long time. This is, in essence, what I did:

1. I walked 5 dogs; Jimmy, Puppy, Blackie, Moti and Unamed in that order.
I really don't know how the CUPA guys manage to recognize all of their 50 odd similarly named dogs. Let me tell you a little about each of my acquaintances though. Jimmy is a three legged veteran who valiantly walked for 15 mins with me. Puppy is the most energetic canine I have ever met. She dragged me along a wheezing adventure as she chased a squirel, ate grass, barked most viciously at an insane white pomeranian as I breathlessly cheered her on and just generally made me feel like I was 50 years old. Earlier this year, she broke her back and was left with a permanent limp. Even after surgery, her back hurts when she runs. Blackie is a beautiful black dog with a white neck. Moti was the most well behaved of the lot. Unamed is a new old dog fresh off the streets. I tried to name him Dan but I don't think he liked it very much.

2. I played with, fed and watered all the puppies in the centre (four of which were less than 3 weeks old). My already liquid heart started to bubble and boil and I'd like to say it evaporated, but that would just be Michaelish. Then I cleaned their cages.

3. I found out that in order to come back again, I would have to take, approximately, six very painful injections. My heart slowly solidified.

Tomorrow, I search for vaccines.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post.really gud.

BSN said...

I absolutely admire your commitment. Good for you!

Unknown said...

i have to words to say to u my undear sis- absolute bakwas

Unknown said...

by the way- i worked on my spelling

Vaccinated Tarantula - II said...

lol @ post
hey i miss you man vaishnav.