Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oh thank God I found you. I had the most horrible day today and I've been looking all over for an audience to whom I can pour forth my innumerable, unreasonable, illogical woes sans annoying interuptions.

It started out pretty much the same as usual; studying frantically for a bio test in the bus and deciding somewhere along the way to give up and pray that fate would kick in just this once and help me get a respectable score ( I hate fate). So far so good. But at around 10:00, after the bio test during which fate resolutely turned its back on me, we were told to go down to attend a lecture by the director of Amity Law School, Delhi. So we all traipsied down to the basement, which by the way smelled horribly of the stale remains of cabbage and month old gas, and stood looking expectantly at the entrance. We waited...and waited.....and..waited(during this time all three yoga teachers came in, fiddled aimlessly with the sound system, lights, their clothes and hair and left). Just when we started to suspect that the whole thing was an elaborate and remarkably idiotic plan to trick us into doing yoga, the director showed up. That was the beginning of the most uncomfortable hour of my life. It went something like this....

" Good afternoon boys and girls. Amity Law School in Delhi was founded in 1998. I also founded NLS in 1989....so as I said ALS was founded in 1998..."

Oh God...my legs are dead. Maybe if I just sat in a different way...

" So as I said...I founded NLS in 1989..."

OK, now they hurt, bad idea...maybe I could move back to my original position. Oh God, why is Shubha staring at me like that?? I am so hungry...my stomach is going to fall out.

" ...I founded NLS, and I am director of ALS..."

Great and now I have to pee.

" So any questions?"

Can I please visit the toilet , Sir?

Mercifully, the lecture ended at 11 whereapon I forcibly restrained myself from running to the lavatory. However, I went there only to find myself at the end of a mile long que consisting predominantly of squealing babies whose ground floor toilet had been roped off to ensure silence in the area around the conference room where a meeting was being held. So basically, 500 plus students were now expected to share 3 stalls, one of which wasn't functional, in the span of 10 minutes. It was ghastly. Puddles of water overflowing, screaming kids splashing in the puddles, the stench of human...ahem...and its derivatives permeating our very souls, unflushed toilets. Gaa!!

The rest of the day, to tell you the truth was bearably normal. So I'll leave you now to mull over the shocking inadequacies of our school and my brain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Good one!

There are 3 Yoga teachers???
And only 3 stalls in the girls' toilet????

aru murthy said...

oh thankyou thankyou

Apar Gupta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apar Gupta said...

The dullard sent aboard to roam is so much better than the one kept at home....