Monday, January 07, 2008

Beatlemania

Author's note: So many people have expressed their disappointment in my seeming neglect of this sacred fragment of cyberspace. I'd just like to say, that I am touched, TOUCHED by your incessant whining. A big gold bubble of egotism expands and fills me whenever I hear nagging pleas to put my nonsense to words.

TOUCHED!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beatlemania has taken me. It's not the music. It's not the lyrics that consume me, but the lives of the four young men who emerged from the dirt and smoke of working class Liverpool and took the world by the storm. What was it about them that was so consuming that they powered a pop revolution. EVERYONE wanted to be the beatles.

I wish I could go back in time and watch them as their story unfolded. Rags to riches. Scousers to stars. Musicians to Legends. I want to own a little piece of their history.

I am currently reading their biography by Bob Spitz.

....that is all.

No comments: