Friday, January 12, 2007

If you could pose for a formal oil portrait in the style of Hans Holbein's The Ambassadors, what possessions would surround you and why?

If I were to pose for a formal oil portrait in the style of The Ambassadors, I would use the shelf to depict my present anchors and future aspirations. Therefore, the lower shelf would carry pictures of my friends, my school basketball jersey, my computer, displaying the first page of my blog (of which I am ridiculously proud) and perhaps a microscope (symbolizing my favorite haunt; the biology laboratory). On the lower shelf, I would display a stethoscope, an electron microscope and most definitely, the northwestern emblem.

What fictional character would you choose as your college roommate and why?

I think Sir Galahad Threepwood; the debonair, old youth from the Blandings series by P.G. Wodehouse would make an interesting roommate. He is unconventional, well-traveled and a gifted raconteur. I think he would be fun to spend time with. At the same time, I would be able to count on his help in a bind.

2 comments:

Sasi Bharath Desai said...

....and most definitely, the northwestern emblem.

Aha...

But don't they know that you are just saying it to please them.....

Some may even take offense to the fact that you are playing with the admissions staff.....

Not sure....just checking.....

Sasi Bharath Desai said...

And yeah.....i think Galahad Threepwood would make a nice roommate.....

But of course, i would be a bit cautious too....what if i have loads of fun with him and then later when i'm famous (yeah - optimistic i know) he decides to put stuff about me in a book.....I am referring of course to the story of the stolen empress of Blandings....